Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Atheist and the Lost Hope

 

Click the link to read:

Why Atheism Won’t Succeed in the Philippines

  http://getrealphilippines.com/blog/2012/06/why-atheism-wont-succeed-in-the-philippines/





         I have always admired good writers. I think they are brilliant people, especially those who are strongly opinionated and write with full conviction.  The author of this article is an example of a good writer. I have followed several of his blog entry.  However, after reading this. I could not stop myself from thanking God for not making me as brilliant or as intellectual as this writer. Otherwise, I could have joined their religion "atheists". I wish to refute and dispute his arguments. I want to prove to him that God is real. But it's pointless to introduce God to a man who doesn't know what FAITH is. Every person believes in something. It is a choice. Others believe that they are a reincarnation and after death they will be reincarnated again. Others believe that after death nothing comes. However, nobody can prove that what they are believing is 100% true. Just as religion has no enough evidence to convince everybody that God is true, likewise, atheists have no enough reason to prove that God is not true.
       Modern day requires hard scientific evidence to prove something. Otherwise certain beliefs will be reduced to a hypothesis or a legend/myth. Thus, it is wise to say that nobody is certain when it comes to religion. On my part however, I am as lost as anybody else. But in the midst of my uncertainty I found the urge to believe in something. Weighing things down I imagine how my life ends. I am walking at a tunnel and it ends in two ways.  The first one, not to believe in God: at the end of the tunnel there is total nothingness. The second one, to believe in God: at the end of the tunnel, sweet heaven and music and eternal peace..and..so on.. is waiting for me. The first way offers emptiness. The second way, speaks of a word that every one of us is holding onto "HOPE." Yes, I am uncertain but I always have hope. This hope pushes my feet to trod the way where the tunnel ends with God waiting for me." This is what I choose to believe.
       Faith and Hope, two things that I can never give up, two things atheists lack.




2 comments:

  1. "only a fool says in his heart there is no God" Psalm (somewhere i'm bad sa MV).lol - so it has been predicted that there will always be people who are like that. and maybe it is also safe for me to say that they choose to not believe eventhough "the heavens declares the glory of God" so they could justify their chosen lifestyle. which is usually not in line with the moral standards that is required by God.

    Sige lang kwen im looking forward sa time nga maabot nga even if they dont want to "EVERY knee will bow and EVERY tongue will confess that Jesus is really Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i couldn't agree more nat. it just saddens me to see people going far with their beliefs. but this made me feel more blessed and grateful to God because I grew up knowing Him, and guided by His words. I just got a lot of goosebumps nowadays upon hearing people fighting for something for the sake of freedom of expression of right even though it is against God's words. Imagine how manny pacquiao got a lot of humiliating reviews when he stated his stand on gay marriage. It was the first time manny got my respect though. I never doubted his courage hence. Scary lang how young people nowadays are so uninformed with God's words. They consider God and religion "so yesterday." I guess this is what you call 'Last days' na gid. Notice mo nat, the writer of the link seems to have a profound knowledge of life. But it was for what? For his own distruction. Mayo lng nat ky God only gave us gamay lng na wisdom just enough such that we have to ask guidance and enlightenment from Him everyday.

    ReplyDelete